Thursday, June 20, 2019

Home

As I was preparing to leave after eight weeks, the Lord was working overtime to make sure that I was ready. He asked what I wanted during my morning holy hour. That’s a question I hadn’t been asking. I knew the answer, Home. I wanted to be home. But not home sickness. I wanted Him to be my home. In a matter of seconds, I was overwhelmed with His presence and these words spilled out (not so prettily, I might add). Maybe the maybe the Lord wants you home, too, so I share these with you:

Home is not a place,
A “where” of maps, locations, or points,
A destination or departure,
Traveled to by planes or cars.
It is not a structure made for lodging,
And building constructed of wood or stone,
Mortar or brick.
There are no roof or floors,
neither windows nor doors,
Yet all are invited.
Home is a state of being,
An abiding in,
A being with,
Not only where the heart dwells,
But where the heart and the Holy Spirit reside,
In communication with each other.
Home is when joy overflows into tears and laughter,
When healing is found
In the source of all Being.
Home is love, mercy, forgiveness,
No, home is not a place,
But the enduring presence of our Lord,
Home is a “when”:
When the Lord reveals His love,
His providence, His protection,
When all is right with the world,
Because peace is found in the soul.
Home can be found a thousand miles from where we reside,
Or right where we are.
Home is a heart set free,
Singing with the angels and saints,
A harmony that the heart knows,
But the mind has yet to grasp.
Home is found only by the soul longing to travel inward to find Him waiting.

No comments: