Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Announcement of my return

After 8 weeks of being away, I will be returning and moving into my new assignment in Marshall, MN.
A little update first, as some might be curious where I have been: In early April, I was invited by Bishop LeVoir to take a minimum of 3 weeks of retreat out of state. He was concerned about me for a number of reasons, most important of them was that he was concerned that I was extremely stressed. I thought that 3 weeks would be enough, but as it was, the issues that led to my stress and my responses were deeper and more entangled with my personal history than I was aware. To become more aware of the patterns, to find freedom, and to continue to rest from a stressful situation, I requested to stay a full 8 weeks. I am dealing with the issues that were Bishop LeVoir’s concerns, as well as some personal health issues of my own. I am rested, and intent to take better care of my personal need for prayer, rest, and recreation.
However, I realized that my being away required me to resign. Some of the stressors were not resolved on my departure, and because of the needs of the parishes I served, I requested to resign. (It had already been determined that I would be moving.) Fr. Denny Labat, now parochial administrator of St. Peter and Nicollet and I basically swapped positions. He is parochial administrator (pastor in responsibilities, but not in right to stay is the best understanding of his title), and I will be parochial vicar (Associate Pastor) in the Marshall area.
I am so pleased that Fr. Labat has agreed to take the position earlier than planned so that I can tend to my needs. 
I loved my time at St. Peter and Nicollet, but it is obvious that at this time our needs are different. Please join me in keeping the parishes and parishioners there in prayer, and if you have a few to spare, please pray for my continued healing from old wounds that are deep and painful.

No comments: