Thursday, April 24, 2014

Announcement

A few weeks ago, Bishop LeVoir invited me to resign from the Office of Vocations.  Recognizing that I have served as director of Vocations for 11 years, with a year of service as director of seminarians, he reminded me that I have worked hard, and while I have served well, it is time to allow someone else serve so that I can focus on the parishes I have also been assigned to serve.  The following is adapted from my letter to Bishop LeVoir, accepting his offer to resign:

It was with humility that I accepted the position 12 years ago, understanding the onerous task that was ahead.  It is with even deeper humility that I depart, knowing that there is still so much to be done.  I take some modest pride in what has been accomplished in planting seeds of vocations awareness through out the Diocese…

I offer my support to my successor(s), whomever they may be, and would willingly offer any insight I may have if asked.  Of course, I will continue to promote a culture of vocations on the parish and Area Faith Community level, and will continue to invite young men and women to hear and respond to the call of Christ in their lives as priests, brothers, or sisters.  I remain, as always, a servant who has simply tried to do what was required of him.

 

As of July 1,  I will be released from the Office of Vocations.  It is bittersweet that I depart.  As of that time, I will change the title of this blog, and hopefully with a little more time, will blog more! Please keep my successor in prayer!

No comments: